In a world full of germs and bacteria, it is an important job for any parents to do their best to keep their little ones out of harm’s way. Whether you wash their clothes in hot water or obsessively sanitize all of your kitchen surfaces; taking care of pesky germs is a must. This is especially true when it comes to sanitizing their bottles and pacifiers. Because these items come in direct contact with your child’s mouth it is extremely important that they are properly sanitized and ready to go before each use. So how do you achieve this? With a best bottle sterilizer it’s easy!
In this article :
- Types of Bottle Sterilizers
- Why Use a Bottle Sterilizer?
- How to Find the best bottle sterilizer for Baby Bottles
- Our 5 top picks for best bottle sterilizer:
- In Conclusion
Types of Bottle Sterilizers
When it comes to picking out the best baby bottle sterilizer, you have two different style options to choose from.
- Microwave : Microwave bottle sterilizers are round BPA free plastic containers that work with a little bit of water and the heat from your microwave to create steam. This works perfectly to steam away any germs or bacteria living in the bottles.
- Electric : Electric sterilizers plug into an outlet and sit on your countertop uses an internal coil to heat up water to create steam. These are a great alternative option if you don’t own a microwave or are worried about long term effects they may have on your baby.
Why Use a Bottle Sterilizer?
It may seem unnecessary to have another baby item cluttering up your house, but bottle sterilizers are a must. Not only to they clean and remove left over milk residue they also remove any and all germs. This is especially important during the early stages on your child’s life since their immune systems are not yet fully developed.
How to Find the best bottle sterilizer for Baby Bottles
When purchasing a bottle sterilizer, much like other baby items, you want to do a little research. Look for key design features that not only insure a proper clean but also will make your life a little easier. Here is what you should look for in each style:
- Durability : You should find a sterilizer that is built to last. Because you will be using this wonder product often try to find one that will last you for at least the first couple years of your child’s life.
- BPA and Toxic Free : Because this product is mainly used under direct heat of a microwave bulb you need to be sure that the plastic is constructed with no BPA or toxins that would emit harmful chemicals into your baby’s bottles.
- Size : Some microwave sterilizers are larger than others so make sure to measure your microwave and purchase the sterilizer that best fits inside.
- Easy to Use : Some sterilizers come with a few parts so try to find one that works productively without too many pieces.
- Compact : You don’t need any more bulky appliances cluttering up your countertops so look for an electric bottle sterilizer that fits neatly into your life.
- Cost : Electric sterilizers tend to cost more than the microwaveable ones, but that doesn’t mean you have to overpay. There are many brands and models that will do the job perfectly without breaking your bank.
- Quick Cycles :Many electric sterilizers will have different sanitizing and cleaning cycles to choose from. Try to find one that has a quick option because that will make life a little easier when you are running low on bottles.
Now that you know what to look for in a great bottle sterilizer, it’s time to do some shopping! Below are reviews of the best models and brands available today:
Our 5 top picks for best bottle sterilizer:
Munchkin has also been producing some amazing baby products at very little cost to you, so there is no wonder why their Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer is such a popular item. This compact and lightweight product fits perfectly into most microwaves. This round wonder sterilizes bottles perfecting killing over 99% of germs and bacteria.
This system is large enough to hold up to four full size bottles with their caps all at once. Steam gets trapped in with a snap of the handles for optimal cleaning. Once the cleaning cycle is over simply remove it from your microwave using the heat- resistant handles to keep your skin burn free.
Parents who have used and loved this microwave bottle sterilizer say:
Overall the Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer is a great purchase when it comes to effectively eliminating harmful germs and bacteria. Parents also love this little device for its cost, so if you’re on a budget this could be perfect for you.
The Phillips AVENT 3-in1 Electric Steam Sterilizer is an awesome product and would be a great addition to your baby product collection. This sleek and modern sterilizer fits right on your countertop with a streamline design that would compliment any kitchen décor. While this product is full of style it still manages to successfully kill 99.9% of bacteria without ever allowing your baby’s bottles to come in contact with chemicals.
The best part about this countertop sterilizer is that you don’t have to quickly unload it like you would with other sterilizer systems. This AVENT product will keep your bottles and pacifiers sterile for up to 24 hours meaning that you can do this job a whole day ahead of time without any worry.
Some pros and cons to this product are:
The Phillips AVENT 3-in1 Electric Steam Sterilizer can hold up to 11 bottles at full capacity and comes fitted with a quick sanitation cycle to make your life just a little bit easier.
Munchkin is making a second appearance on this list with their Stream Guard Electric Sterilizer. The one feature that has continued to make this sterilizer a stop seller is the large capacity. You can easily and quickly sterilize up to 9 full size bottles at a time. The Munchkin Steam Guard Electric Sterilizer has all of the great features found in their microwave product, in an easy to use countertop design.
The full sanitizing cycle runs completely in only six minutes and starts with just a simple push of a button. This product also comes with an easy to measure cup to insure that you are using the correct amount of water each time.
Is it right for you? Here is what other parents think:
Safety is the first concern with this Munchkin Electric Sterilizer due to the locking lid and heat resistant tongs that guarantee you a quick clean with no burns.
If you want a great electric sterilizer for baby bottles that comes backed by one of the best kitchen appliance brand names, then this Cuisinart Baby Bottle Sterilizer may be perfect for you. This countertop device quickly and effectively sanitizes your entire baby feeding items. From bottles to breast pump attachments, you can sure that you’re keeping all of the important things bacteria free. The secret is in the way it uses natural steam and your choice of timing setting to productively clean your baby’s bottles.
This Cuisinart sterilizer is compact and stylish enough to fit on any countertop without clashing with your already existing kitchen gear. All of this with the addition of a measuring cup that makes sure you use the correct amount of water each time makes this one of the best baby bottle sterilizers.
Here is what other parents think:
This Cuisinart sterilizer is a smart purchase for you because it is backed by a four-year warranty so if something goes wrong you can replace it without any hassle.
Last on the list of best baby bottle sterilizers is this awesome AVENT microwave bottle sterilizer. This BPA free plastic bottle sanitizer comes backed by mostly positive reviews from families who have used and loved it. Not only is it the perfect size to hold bottles and pacifiers, it perfectly fits all breast pump attachments for a quick clean up. Much like this electric sterilizer, this microwave sterilizer will keep bottles and accessories clean and ready to go in the compartment for up to 24 hours.
This AVENT promises to hold the correct temperature level so that you can be sure that you’re efficiently and properly sanitizing all of your bottles. This product is so effect that it kills 99.9% of bacteria like the one that causes the flu. It only takes a little bit of water and a quick run through the microwave to be on your way to a healthier life for your child.
Is it right for you? Here is what other parents are saying:
Overall the Phillips AVENT Microwave sterilizer is a great option for all of your cleaning needs.
Sterilizing your baby’s bottles really is an important step to insuring their overall health and safety is protected. Using a sterilizer is a great way to keep them out of harm’s way from everyday ailments from the common cold to the dreaded flu.
With just a push of a button you are one step closer to a happier and healthier home and at the end of that day, that’s what really counts. Good luck and take care.